A replacement for DAUpdater — and more!
DAModder is designed as a full replacement for Bioware’s “DAUpdater” program. DAUpdater is designed for players to easily install Bioware’s DLC content, and is available to be used to install 3rd party modules as well. However, while DAUpdater is a nice little utility, it doesn’t work well enough as a full mod installer. DAUpdater’s main flaw is that it does not have the ability to un-install mods. In addition, as modders have become more experienced and mods have gotten more complex, several additional issues have surfaced. Some mods need to install files into the games main “core” override, yet DAUpdater can’t do this. Also some mods are now actually configurable by the player, but this currently requires hand editing of an INI file.
DAModder was designed to address all these issues in one easy to use, solid installer, designed for both players and builders.
- Easy installation of all mod types
- Easy un-installation of all installed mods, even those installed by DAUpdater
- Quick access to mod information
- Easy to use graphical UI for configuration of mods that support configuration through DragonAge.ini
- Robust & secure backup system to protect your game files and settings
- Localization display mod data in your native language when available
- Easy packaging of mods for release — in a format that can be used either with DAModder or DAUpdater
- If your mod is configurable through DragonAge.ini, you can easily setup configuration options for the player
- Automatic creation of readme files if desired, with information pulled directly from toolset data, makes for less work come packaging time
Beta Update & Release Information
DAModder is now in Open Beta and is available in two versions. The Stable version is available for download on Dragon Age Nexus, and is the most polished version. If you just want to use DAModder and don’t care about helping to test new features, then this is the version for you. The Open Beta version is available on the DAModder Support Site, where the beta is managed, and is the version updated most often. New features will be introduced into the Open Beta version first, and then migrate to the Stable version over time. You choose which version is best for you.
In either case, if you download and like DAModder, please consider Endorsing it on Dragon Age Nexus, as well as voting for it as the file of the month. You will need to actually download the file from Nexus before it will let you do this.
How Much Does It Cost?
DAModder is free, and always remain free. It is released as “Donation Ware”, which means you are free to use it forever without paying a cent, but if you like the program and think its a great tool that is worth a few dollars, please consider donating to Beyond Ferelden to support this site, bandwidth costs, and to encourage continued development of all the great toys I make here🙂
Special thanks to Alexspeed for the banner, and to all the closed beta testers who really helped iron out all the bugs. Thanks gang!